New E-Bike Regulations
All students who ride an electric bike on or near campus will be expected to follow the following the City of University Park's new Electric Bike Regulations:
· E-bike operators and riders under the age of 16 must wear a helmet.
· No bicycles or e-bikes may be operated on sidewalks in commercial districts, and no e-bikes may be operated on any sidewalks in the City.
· E-bikes must be operated at a speed reasonable to surrounding conditions.
Other tips to remember:
· Bicyclists (including electric bikes) must follow all road laws.
· A person riding a bicycle should only ride on the seat of the bicycle, and there is only one rider permitted per seat.
· Lights are required on all bicycles and the usage of the lights is required at night.
For more information, including a short PSA video and printable safety worksheet, please click here.